Thursday 13 February 2014

Electricity









I wriggled a bit.  Threw my head back and grimaced so they could see the shock in my face.  Then I flung myself onto the ground and lay under the tower.   

They started calling my name.  Sean!  Sean!

Stupid bastards.  I’m sure they believed I’d been electrocuted.  That was the whole point of coming to the power station and daring to climb the tower.  I wanted to fake my own death.  Scare the shite out of them. 

I started to shake a little on the ground because I saw that once in a film just before someone was about to croak. 

I suddenly knew a great stinging feeling in my face. I’d landed in a big bunch of evil green nettles.  Fuck that. The grimace got real. 

I ceased writhing around and just lay there looking up at the sky and contemplating my senseless targets in life and complete lack of rational judgment on all manner of things.

After a wee while, I heard Mick shout, Go get someone! and I feared then my mam and dad might be called, so I got up, brushed off the nettles, and confidently declared 'I'M ALIVE!'



No comments:

Post a Comment